View Single Post
Old 11-26-2005, 10:21 PM

Default Re: Calling down a Loose Aggressive

I disagree with the whole "fish sometimes have AK also" saying, at least the concept that it would affect your play. If you think about the "sometimes" part of it, its about equal to as often as when you have AK.

A normal player can be put on a specific range of hands so the hands that beat you are sometimes enough of a possibility that you have to account for them as you play.

But this guy plays almost every hand (even if it's 3 bet). He also plays the entire hand in about the same manner whether he has a hand or not. Even if you limit it to suited hands and hands with an Ace (which fish love to even call raises with), the odds of having AK are so small that it's not even worth worrying about. (not to mention I didnt think he had it)

I didnt bet into the TP because he 3bet me preflop which means he could of had AA, KK, QQ, AK and might of even had AQ. (just because PT says he's tight doesnt mean he understands what to do with AQ this is a 2/4 game)

And actually judging from the way he tended to play if he was to bet, I actually think I was beat, and since he didnt bet, I found myself to be ahead of him. (he wasnt the type who would check raise after 3 betting pre-flop)

It could be as well that he wasnt that observant about the LAG so the fact that his 3bet called cold-called might of needlessly concerned him. Who knows?

Im not sure how I could bet into this guy here, that doesnt seem right. My hand isnt that strong to bet it OOP like that, is it? Id think about betting into him with a lot of other hands (with better implied odds) but if he's got any of the couple hands you would 3 bet with Im in trouble.

(and I wasnt going to call two people down, I might of considered just letting them fight it out if he would of bet. But like I said, I think if he bets Im dominated anyway)