View Single Post
Old 08-08-2005, 03:50 AM

Default Re: 5-Card Draw: Limping Villain

Whoa... somebody other than me asking a draw question. I'll respond, but just keep in mind that I'm the one who's usually asking the questions.

[ QUOTE ]

Anyone have experience with this kind of opponent?

[/ QUOTE ]

I try not to sit at a table unless I will experience an opponent who plays like this. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] ... I also try to sit on their left.

There are a few things you can do that will help your decision. The first is raising before the draw. The type of player who'll limp with trips is usually doing it so she can limp/raise you. So if you raise and just get called, you can be pretty confident that your opponent didn't start with trips. Also, make note of whether or not this player will bet into you after the draw if she improves, or if she usually goes for a check/raise or check/call. If she's the type of player who'll almost always bet out, you can start tossing in a lot of value bets. Finally, take note of whether your opponent is loose after the draw. If she's playing loose enough predraw where she's routinely limping in with hands like 66Axx, then there is a good chance she'll look you up after the draw with all sorts of crap too... I'd make finding out this last bit of information a priority.

Personally, I value bet alot. I find that even though I usually don't get called, poor players eventually start looking me up with all sorts of cheese because they think I'm stealing from them. I'm beginning to think that this is where most of my profit comes from in draw, and I'm also beginning to see why Mike Caro harps on having a "wild image" so much.

Just my opinion...