View Single Post
Old 05-07-2005, 02:50 PM

Default Re: Empire is not Closing Accounts because of the Bonus

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Something else is going on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Surely you must understand that someone like me (who has played every reload there for ages, playing only limit .5/1 and 1/2 limit) has cost them money?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I don't understand this. What little bit they lose on you they make up for by having more available games. Not everyone goes for the bonus or even understands them, especially at the micro limits. The more bodies on the sites the more games they can spread. Even if it does cost them some small amount it is a loss leader. Getting people into seats is the main priority. Some of the bonus hunters might get lucky playing and stick around to play some more after the bonus expires. It's business. They're not going to offer a bonus and then close your account because you take advantage of it. But let's say they want to get rid of players who have accounts at all of the skins, or players who play multiple accounts from the same IP address, or some other such matter. Now it's only coincidental that you are also a bonus chaser.

I have no idea why Empire is closing accounts. I'm 99% certain it's not because of bonus abuse.

[ QUOTE ]
Wouldn't it make sense to get rid of accounts that have cost them money in the past and is bound to cost them money in the future?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it makes sense to get rid of any customers other than cheaters. All they would have to do is not offer a bonus to those they consider to be bonus abusers. If you want to play on our site fine, but we have decided to exclude you from getting any bonus offers. But they haven't done this, which leads me to believe something else is amiss.

[ QUOTE ]
After all I have (via bonuses) been given 15 chances to become a regular player by now. Both them and I know it won't happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

What does that tell you? It tells me they don't care, and if they did they would simply stop offering you bonuses. A very simple solution.

[ QUOTE ]
My Empire account is still open, but I expect them to get to it sooner rather than later.

[/ QUOTE ]

If they do they do, but I don't think it will be because of the bonus.