View Single Post
Old 11-29-2005, 12:19 AM

Default 3-bet/fold turn...

No reads on opponent yet. My reasoning was if my Q is good and he's semi-bluffing something, I win an extra bet. If I get 4-bet like I did here, not much chance an unknown is going to 4-bet semi-bluff, so I'm losing to almost his entire 4-bet range here, except MAYBE QT or something. I know it seems dirty to 3-bet/fold, but it actually seems right in this situation. I don't think it's right to just fold to the initial turn raise, and so the only other option is to call/call, which costs the same as 3-bet/folding, but by 3-bet/folding I win more when he doesn't have me beat and pays off.

Also by 3-betting I could scare him off of another hand and potentially win the pot right there, or show down for free if the river is ugly enough.

Thoughts?

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, SB folds.

Turn: (2.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB