View Single Post
Old 07-09-2005, 01:41 AM

Default OK OK already guys

Alrighty now, everyone just calm the frigg down now.

Photoc FEELS the way he does. That's O-K. However, there has been a "little flamage" going on here from all sides. Obviously this is a highly charged issue (well no chit Capone! Nice grasp of the obvious!). It should be noted that Photoc DOESN'T have to personally tip ANYONE out, and therefore his OPINION cannot be considered to be one born of personal bitterness and sorrow for lost wages.

My PERSONAL feeling is that I DONT think "tipping out" floorpersons is good for poker. However, I do realize that this practice does exist, and is not that uncommon. Do I personally think it's destructive? Sure, particularly if it's excessive. $15 a day is quite excessive IN MY OPINION. $5 is not excessive, but I still don't like it. However, my opinion does not equal fact, at least not when I have had this FEW beers. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

It should also be noted that I think that tipping out chip runners and brushes (if they are not floorpersons) is pretty normal. I just personally feel that "floorpersons" should be in a different category. I have personally tipped chip runners many times and never felt bitter about it.

Keep in mind here that I am also a floorperson, and my opinion stems from having walked in the shoes of both sides. That doesn't make me right, at least not until I've had a few more beers! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I do think it's OK to take the side of the minority on this particular issue, and anyone that does so shouldn't get too much flak over it.

al