View Single Post
Old 11-16-2005, 11:52 AM

Default Re: Royal Hold\'em strategys

What hands you play depends on position and if you get raised but position doesn't matter as much short handed.

Your premium hands are, AA, AK, KK but limp in once in a while to mix it up. AQ and QQ are the next best hands. Then AJ, KQ and JJ repectively but position becomes more critical with those hands. Forget about suited cards or connectors, very little meaning. I find in this game you can be more passive post flop but if your raising with a premium hand being aggressive is good. If you flop a straight then check/fold even if you have AK though a lot of times top 2 pair will win. Lots of split pots in this game (usually from a straight). Anyhow if I have AK and flop TPTK and the pot is big I'm going to see the turn if not raised. I must improve to see the river. Flopping top trips is the best case and you want to push if you can get callers. Bottom set you might back off and see what happens. Top 2 pair is a good deal but you should have a good idea with the cards on the board what your chances are of at least getting a straight for a back up hand. While full houses is the hand to have it will be very obvious when your full house is not going to win and you should fold. With a straight on the board don't try to bet unless you know for sure someone will fold or if there is a royal draw on the board it might be worth a shot. Also if the board flops a set then be careful even with AA. The game does get old in a hurry and you will go on losing streaks and run into bad flops. If you know the game really well I think a 200BB BR is plenty. There is less variance in this game...so far.