View Single Post
Old 12-10-2005, 09:01 PM

Default Re: \"Codebreakers\" on ESPN thread

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, I meant to make a thread about this. I think this movie is complete BS and this little squeeler should not be celebrated.

How is it "honorable" that this [censored] sold out his teammates, guys he is supposed to be training to go to battle with, for cheating on a [censored] math test. Seriously, who [censored] cares, its a math exam. Selling out your teamates so they get kicked out of school and the Army is way more dishonorable then cheating ona freaking test.

Stupidstupidstupidstupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

Many don't fully understand the Honor Code or the reasoning behind it. The West Point Honor Code simply states: "A cadet will not lie, cheat, or steal, nor tolerate those who do" It is non-negotiable.

You take an Oath to uphold the code the day you enter. It is this rigid for a purpose. Honor and integrity are essential in military service. Opportunities to compromise your integrity abound, compromises that can put units in jeaopardy (e.g. I falsify an equipment readiness report to look good to superiors, jeopardizing the soldiers who must use it) The nature of our profession demands that officers must be able to take each other for their word, which makes the cadet who "chose the harder right over the easier wrong" (and turned in the cheaters) the one I want fighting beside me, not the ones who compromised their integrity.