View Single Post
Old 12-04-2005, 01:52 PM

Default Re: something to think about if you play the $55s+

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

One pair hands played post flop usually don't win big pots but they sure lose them.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is soooooo not true in sng poker. Ring games, you're bang on, but this is really untrue here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Go into PT and see how you do on each type of shown down hands. I'm not at my PT computer right now, but last time I checked one pair hands were red. (Of course some of the time you will improve on the river and not show down a one pair hand here). In the 30's, I would be more apt to bet against a little known player, but not a whole lot. (Again, I am talking deeper stack levels).

[/ QUOTE ]

Well my hard drive just got wiped clean the other day... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]... which will make final exams fun to write... but anyways, with it I lost my whole PT database. Regardless, if you're losing money on one pair hands I think you have a problem. I know for sure that over 1500 I wasn't. Your comment just sounded like on a K87 two tone I'm not willing to get it all in with AK, or on a QT4 board I'm not willing to get it in with AA, and in almost every circumstance you should be fine with that in a sng, whereas in a ring game where you're deeper and play is different you maybe should not be. This thread is so general it's really hard to go on, but there are a lot of spots in sng's where I'm looking to get it all-in with one pair. Sure there are spots where I need to exercise pot control, but I think extracting value with one pair (one good pair...) takes precendence over this the vast majority of the time.