View Single Post
Old 11-13-2005, 05:45 PM

Default Re: Was I chasing terribly or a method to chasing? PLO8 Tournament

Lets look at the flop action, a guy bets out, you call(so far I like it), second guy calls(you gotta reconsider your draw here as his call can mean a lot of things), third guy raises(not good), first bettor calls(which means he probably had a good draw), You call(why?), other caller folds.

The problem with the call on the flop is that there was a lot of betting and calling and you have a hand that is middle of the road. The first call is fine, but then a second guy calls, at this point you have to think either your flush or low draw is worthless. Then a guy raises and the original bettor calls. He bet out then called, this means a very strong draw most of the time. You should probably bail out not only because he seems to have a strong draw, but there is a guy behind you who appears to also have a draw. At this point you can be sure that if the guy behind you calls neither of your draws is any good because two people are chasing, which means the nut flush draw and nut low draw has to be out there, plus a guy is betting. You had to fold on the flop, looking at their crap hands and saying see I was a favorite is just being results oriented, would it have made you feel better if they showed you Ad2d? Just wait for a better spot.