View Single Post
Old 08-12-2005, 12:20 PM

Default ATo - 4-handed - bottom pair

Reads: The preflop cap, while loose, works against the BB. He's an extremely loose/aggressive with bluffing tendencies. I think he'd do this with any two cards given the right time of day. It also works because it makes the cold-callers call 2 cold again with their substandard hands.

SB is a LAP who's somewhat of a calling station post flop. He can find his raise button with great hands and will cap the flop if he has a monster. If he thinks his hand is best, he generally will bet it.

No reads on Button other than he's "short-stacked".

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (4 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

As I said before, given the read I have on BB, I think this cap is for value.

Flop: (16 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls $0.25 (All-In), SB calls.

I've caught bottom pair with a gutshot. I raise to protect my hand and for the times I have the best hand.

Turn: (10.25 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

SB donkbets the turn. He could have a queen, but I've seen stranger from him. He could also be slowplaying a straight. He could possibly have a draw and is representing the queens as well.

River: (12.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

I miss, but I call because I think I'm good in this spot more than ~8% of the time.

Did I miss anything anywhere?