View Single Post
Old 11-22-2005, 06:20 PM

Default Re: Sorry...

[ QUOTE ]
But I just realized you didn't ask about your play, you asked about HIS... Sorry - lol

I think it's dicey, (and I mean NO offense to you), but if his opponents aren't strong enough to play back with better hands then it does have some merit. He's getting max value when he's ahead without the threat of getting punched in the face by a better hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

i never said i pla yed the hand well. on the turn i had a good deal of trouble naming a range for the villian. the check call on the flop was wierd. i didn't think he'd do it w/ AA/KK/QQ (well maybeQQ), the fact that the diamond hit and that he checkraised was what made me lean towards just calling...but having the blind in there is a problem b/c now im letting him draw cheap to maybe 1 diamond when i could possibly be ahead and be against a non diamond c'r hand and save a pot. that is a consideration i didn't take at the table.

further, i didn't consider enough that even if its capped i have equity. i did consider that but decided that folding the river in that size pot would be problematic.

i think now the turn is a definate 3 bet due to the above considerations.

the turn c'r did have the freezing effect on me b/c of his pf+flop play, i couldn't put him on the likely hands and he sacrificed some value when ahead to save a lot of bets when behind with that strong of a hand. thats why i thought it was interesting.

Barron