View Single Post
Old 10-25-2005, 12:00 AM

Default Re: Too much heat for bottom set? (RESULTS)

[ QUOTE ]

Preflop:
Hero limps with 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], fold, CO raises to 4 BB, 2 folds, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop (3 players, 12.5 BB): 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
BB bets 4 BB, Hero calls 4 BB, CO raises to 30 BB.
BB raises to 96 BB (all-in). Hero...?

[/ QUOTE ]
Hero calls 92 BB, CO calls 66 BB.

Turn (3 players, 300.5 BB): 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero bets 80 BB, CO calls 40 BB all-in.

River (3 players, 380.5 BB): 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

CO had A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
BB had K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
Hero wins 380.5 BB - rake with three of a kind, fours.

I called the initial bet on the flop because I thought it was likely that the CO would raise. Given that he raised so much, it was hard for the BB to do other than push or fold, so I felt that push represented a little bit less strength. I thought the CO would be unable to correctly fold an overpair if I just called, but might be able to fold if I pushed, so I just called with the intention of pushing on any turn.

As I commented elsewhere, if I can expect to win a lot in the sidepot, I only need to be ahead of the BB about 20% of the time.

I was pretty surprised that the BB had KK.