View Single Post
Old 07-24-2005, 05:05 PM

Default Re: Why is globalization inevitable?

As changes happen there are winners and losers. In the globalization process the big losers have been those workers who have been displaced out of their jobs -- and these are almost all American workers, some of whom have little prospects for decent jobs due to education, age, ability, or even the ability to get beyond their loss.

In globalization the big winners have been corporate stock holders and insiders and entrepreneurs around the world who have been able to understand the change and take advantage of it for themselves. The other winners has been the overseas middle class, specially in parts of Asia, which have benefited from, relatively, high paying jobs becoming available.

While over time, it *may* be that American has not lost net jobs. For those impacted the impact has been huge.

[ QUOTE ]
I recall reading that the net amount of jobs we get outsourced to us, from other countries, exceeds the number of jobs we outsource to other countries.

[/ QUOTE ]

I cant imagine this to be true. But perhaps it so.

The net impact of globalization over time is to bing everyone in the world to a similar standard of living, IMO. Globally a good thing, locally it means that in a couple of decades, the Indian middle class witll have the same standard of living (as defined by material things) as the American standard of living. Lets hope they dont leave us in the dust though. My IFN investment has done extremely well, thank you India.