View Single Post
Old 01-04-2003, 12:02 AM

Default Re: New Chomsky Interview: \"U.S. Is A Leading Terrorist Stat

Nowhere did I say it didn't bother me. It bothers the hell out of me. Regardless, having looked at the PDF file, I don't see the documentation necessary for official support of an operation as has been described. I'm not saying it didn't happen or it doesn't matter. I'm saying I don't have enough information to show that it ever amounted to anything beyond the JCS submitting something to SecDef and being told, "NO".
What I see is that the Commandant of the Marines mentioned that the plan was under the auspices of Title 10, 141(c) of the US Code which at the time covered the disclosure of identity of intelligence assets. The sheet indicates that this was applied and followed and the recommendation of the JCS to SecDef was limited to Paragraph 8 which discusses who's not supposed to see the document.
Again I'll say that I'm not saying it's not possible that such a plan actually evolved but from reading the documents you indicated, it shows that it hit JCS, was read and the only part of it that was approved was the part describing who doesn't get to see it. There's nothing there about which agency or organization would have overall control. There's nothing there about implementing any of the other paragraphs of the plan. In short, it gives some irksome suggestions as to how to provoke war with Cuba and stay in the good graces of the UN but nowhere does it say that any of these suggestions were even moved to the active planning stage.