View Single Post
Old 04-01-2005, 05:12 PM

Location: \"Let me make it nearly unanimous -- misplayed on every street.\"
Default Re: Laughter is the Best Medicine

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
nicely done. There are a couple of us who could use that book at my 20 game.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, Bill is a genius [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Speaking of which, I have been meaning to write you for a week...how are you doing? How is your treatment going? Please feel free to PM me or e-mail me anytime. We seem like the only two going through cancer treatment at this time.

Felicia [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I never got the full chemo treatment. When I was in the hospital I did have the immuno supresent drips but my Colitis had gotten to the point it was going to kill me before my system developed cancer. Yes I was certain to develop cancer later but it never got to that station, my decision was made, either el colon goes or I go. The colon lost, though as my wife said,"It was close", she then quickly added, "do you see why?".

THe problem with a disease were your colon is trying to kill you, is that you can't eat. I wasted down to 160 pounds (yes I know some 6'0" males look good at 160 I was rail thin) and I got all the fun of losing most of my hair, I could barely walk and couldn't hold or really even be around any of my children. Yea the whole experience sucked.

Now however I have some real benefits. I don't have to worry about colon cancer, I don't have to eat ColonBlow(tm) brand cereal, and I'm no longer doubled over in pain for days on end unable to function.