View Single Post
Old 01-06-2005, 10:03 PM

Default Results

I ended up with 3/4.

She turned over Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

Maybe this game wasn't as bad a spot as I suggested.

Almost everyone who responded suggested that I raise preflop. Of course in hindsight, if I had raised she probably wouldn't have called with that hand.

My friend who I alluded to before thinks that raising before the flop is not as necessary in O/8 from early position as it would be in holdem. Plus he thinks that not raising before the flop will limit your swings, since no hand in O/8 is a huge favorite over any other hand like it would be in holdem.

I did consider reraising the flop, but like I said in the original post I wanted to trap the lady in between who might have an inferior low draw. Also, since my position was so poor, I wasn't so sure what to do on the turn if I had bricked so I felt just calling was the right play.

Now the turn was good and bad. I was pretty sure my high was good and hoped a redraw to the low would be good as well. After talking to my friend, my resident 0/8 expert, he told me check calling is better than leading. I would definitely like to hear some opinions on that.

Also in regard to the turn, in a ring game, how much would things change as opposed to a shorthanded game? For instance, say I checked, someone bet and another raised, would you cold call 2 or pitch it?

Now the river was where I felt I should have used my instincts and reraised her. I was pretty sure that my high was good and not so sure about my low but I felt I could have raised it for value, since I was pretty sure I had half the pot locked up and could get 1/2 the low.

Not so sure if this is 20/20 hindsight or I should have trusted my instincts?