View Single Post
Old 01-06-2005, 05:44 AM

Default 100/200 O/8 shorthanded hand

The other night I was playing 100/200 HO with O/8 having a half kill. At the time the games was 5 handed.

I am predominantly a holdem player, I have played some O/8 but have sweated my friend who is an excellent O/8 player many times. I know this is not the greatest of spots for me but that is not the point of this post.

So this is a kill pot, 150/300 and I have AK22 UTG with the A2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and I just limp. A lady to my immediate left calls and this older man with the kill button raps. We take the pot 3 handed.

So the flop comes down K67 with one spade and I lead, the lady calls and the older man raises. He has been doing this alot and it could mean anything, I think of reraising but I just smooth call hoping to get the lady in between us to call as well and she cooperates.

On the turn comes an A that completes the rainbow board and I lead, all of a sudden the lady wakes up and raises and the older man could not muck quick enough. I just call.

On the river comes a 4, and I check call.

I think my play on every street was debatable. I will have results later, just want to get some opinions on this, especially from an expert like Ray Zee if at all possible.

I think I could have played it more aggressively since it was shorthanded and I wanted to pull the trigger a few times during the hand.