View Single Post
Old 07-02-2005, 05:29 PM

Default Live Muckleshoot 20/40 AJo in BB w/worst possible relative position

Reads - I haven't played with any of these guys before, but here are my reads after a few hours:

EP players: terrible, just terrible.

MP2: a 30/60 regular that plays decent. He undertands the value of position and how to use it. It is clear that he is at least a level 2 thinker.

MP3: a 30/60 reugular that is stuck. MP2 and MP3 have a history and play each other like each think the other is full of chit. I'm not sure if this guy is good or not. He swings between TAG and LAG, defends ultra-aggressively, and can really put you the test post flop. He sometimes gets way out of line and is capable of semi-bluffing/bluffing on all 3 streets.

BB: Me. I think MP2 sees me as TAG and I think MP3 sees me as a LAG.

Preflop:
EPs limp, MP2 raises, MP3 cold-calls, I call in the BB w/AJo.

(Thinking: MP1 is capable of issolating the terrible players with 88+, suited broadways, and big aces. MP2 would have raised a real hand. He is setting up for some sort of float bull chit.)

Flop: (5 players) 5s 9c Jc
(I have the A of clubs)

checked to MP2. MP2 bets. MP3 raises. I think for about 5-10 seconds and 3-bet. EPs fold, MP2 agonizes and says, "If I call, I'm going to the river" and finally folds. MP3 calls.

Turn: brick
I bet. MP3 calls.

River: Tc
I bet. MP3 calls.

I'm primarily looking for feedback on the flop play, but any other comments are appreciated. The river could have been a check/call street too. Lots of draws just hit and I'd hate to get raised... but remember, I believe MP3 thinks I am a lag. He could easily have something like KJs (non-clubs) here.