View Single Post
Old 12-05-2005, 05:50 PM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts
Default Re: What Was This Fellow 2+2er thinking??????

[ QUOTE ]

Here's what he's thinking, I can't just call because I can't afford to fold after the flop.

I'll have 1400 after this hand if I fold. I'll have 1200 after the small blind. I'll blow off 150 more chips on antes in the three hands before I hit the blinds again. I have some fold equity here even if its very small because of the pot odds. 8-9 suited is at least as good as anything I'm likely to pick up in the next four hands and there's a decent chance I'm 40 percent or better to win this hand. I have to push.

I wouldn't criticize him if he'd pushed with 7-2 off here, and 7-2 suited would be a standard push.

--Zetack

[/ QUOTE ]

I can see the reasoning for the 8/9 suited desperation move. I don't think there's any fold equity here, I can't lay down getting over 3 to 1 on my call, as one of the larger stacks (and being able to eliminate the toughest competition at the table is enticing as well, get him out and my path to 1st place becomes that much easier, he's definetely the strongest player in the group)

I don't agree with your 7/2 comment though, I think that would definetly hit the muck. But yeah, if he puts me on a hand like A/J offsuit or K/Q suited or whatever, then he's in the 60/40 range and can at least get it heads-up against one other hand. I don't think he could put me on K/9 of diamonds there, if he knew I had him dominated he'd fold. He likely thought he had live cards and made his stand.