View Single Post
Old 11-07-2005, 05:11 PM

Default Re: Playing AKos on the Flop

[ QUOTE ]
After reading this I think you may be playing a bit over your head or maybe you are just really into thinking about hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am into "thinking about hands," as I am reading Yao's Weighing the Odds........I'm not playing above my head, as I win in the long run. I have been playing Hold Em for 5 years and started at 5/10 in Atlantic City and have built up a 12K bankroll, while having spent some of my winnings.
I have found that I have to "think deep about hands," as I am against the same tough opponents. Not the same every night, but 60% of the players I play are tough and some nights they are all tough. It would be a lot easier if I could just play year round in Atlantic City against the same tourists that only come in the summer and a few locals.

[ QUOTE ]
Just because you call, you say everyone knows you have AJ or AK. That's pretty nuts as I think there are more hands you could just call with.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am a player who bets his premium, as well as less than, hands 95% of the time, i.e., I hold Q9s in the BB and it's raised to me with 3 opponents and the Flop comes KJT, I'm betting into the field. I'm also betting into the field when I have AT a good portion of the time. In those situations, they don't know what I have. It's sweet when someone with 2 pair raises and I just call and check the Turn and then re-raise.
[ QUOTE ]
I also think you leave out if you have 2 pair, As, or AQ that by not raising you give someone a chance to call a gutshot behind ya.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is only one person behind me, and yes, you are, and that is why I would raise, once again, limiting my holdings when I just call.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, who's to say if an A or K comes on the turn you have to raise? On this board, I think you should, but if it was less coordinated, maybe not.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know, but I'm talking about this board only. Maybe in this situation, you are just stuck with having to give up your holding.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, if you don't have an A or K and they put you on AK or AJ, why not bluff raise when one comes and you hold 9s or Js here.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I had 9s or Js here, I would either fold or raise, depending upon my read. Some of these players get lost watching the football game or a conversation, or just get excited and give off tells at certain times during the evening.
I do as you suggested, but they'll call and then check to me on the River. Some will check to me even if another Q falls on the River.

What I'm trying to find, is the best play, in this specific example, against good players. I find none, as you can't slowplay AA,KK, two pair or a set.