Thread: rebuy etiquette
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2005, 03:27 PM

Default Re: rebuy etiquette

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I play low buyin tournaments where a lot of players use "All in nearly every hand" strategy. I used to think that they are just idiots with big bankrols who came to play just for fun. And yes, I used to verbally abuse those players after geting a bad beat from them (I'm not proud of it).
The OP sad that hi likes to use this approach and it works out good for him. I don't understand it. What is the point of going all in with junk and make 15 rebuys during first hour? I am asking because I want to understand it and not to argue about it. Maybe there is good post that discusses it? I did a serch but as usual couldn't find anything.
Thank you!

[/ QUOTE ]

hopefully building a huge stack for the 2nd hour to dominate the table. you can switch up your style of play for the 2nd hour a lot. you can play loose and aggressive, you can wait for aces. you can go afk and make lunch. etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

The best part of getting really crazy in the first hour of the 10r especially, is that many people do not notice your gear shift in the second hour. as long as your aware of your image and what people you have tilted, this becomes very valuable.

by the time the third hour comes and your stack is a little lower compared to the blinds and you have to start making moves etc, most of the complainers have busted or you've been moved.