Thread: rebuy etiquette
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2005, 07:19 AM

Default Re: rebuy etiquette

I like guys like you, they make the first hour more interesting, especially when others start getting really annoyed about your suck out, and then you suck em out again [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Personally, I'll play standard H0H1 on normal tables, but if it's very lively and all-ins are happening frequently, I modify this way: I play only AA-JJ,AK,AQs as an all-in for the first 55 minutes (except the blinds or if I'm first in OTB and OTB+1, where I'll be stealing with anything reasonable). Typically I've either doubled up, in which case I stick to this play until rebuys are over. or Sometimes I've busted out for 1-2 rebuys if not lucky.

Sometimes I haven't played at all, and have 50-60% of a starting stack. In this case, I'll be all-in with anything reasonable (which in this case will be about 60-70% of hands), and if I make over the starting chips, I then bed down for the rebuy to end/add-ins to happen. If I bust, I rebuy, and wait for the add-ins. Then I always buy an add-in, unless I got more than 4x the add-in, in which case I don't bother.

This way, I'm there at the start of the real play with a small/medium stack, which usually is enough to get me to the money with solid HoH play unless I get a suck out.

Having said all this, I only go into an addin tournament if I can't find a freezeout at the time I want to play.