View Single Post
Old 11-07-2004, 09:49 PM

Default I NEED HELP WITH A POSITION PLAY SITUTATION

Ok, first things first, i am new to poker, new to the forum and an fairly sure that this is the proper place to post this question (i know some of you can be brutal about questions in the wrong area so i am braced for the worst... LOL). My question is that after reading sevearl sources for playing starting hands in postions i have came across Power Poker Starting Hands from www.midasholdem.com. I have received no response from them so i propose it to the forum. They along with a few other sources talk about only playing certin hands if there are more than 4 people in the pot. For instance holding 8 8 in Late position w/ a raise in front they say only call if there are 4 or more players in the pot, same is true with 6 4 and 5 3 in late postion with no raise. What is the Theory behind that. How does it benefit to have more people in the pot. with such weak hands. seems to me that fewer people would be better. Any helpful comments are appreciated. All others well be determined as they come in.
Thanks