View Single Post
Old 02-10-2005, 03:48 PM
ruleof72 ruleof72 is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 9
Default Re: Roth IRA + Taxes

To get your deduction you must contribute to a traditional IRA, not Roth. With a Roth, you are paying taxes up front and getting your distributions at retirement tax free.
Reply With Quote