View Single Post
Old 11-10-2005, 09:04 PM

Default Re: Are we done with the pennies yet?

I agree that pennies are worthless, and the government should consider doing away with them. However....

[ QUOTE ]
I hate when stores don’t want to play by the game. If a store doesn’t have a little tray, I am immediately annoyed. The hell if I’m fishing another dollar out of my pants because it came to $5.02. When that cash register rings up $5.02 and you look at me, we’re fixing to have a long staredown. I’ll return an item before I break another dollar and let you give me three more of the [censored] things in return. And that item probably had a profit margin of at least $.03 to you, so who’s the loser now? Get it? As long as they’re still around, you better play by the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are a [censored]. The cashiers at most stores are held accountable for thier tills and if they let everyone short them $0.01-$0.03 they would come up with signigicant discrepancies. I've had a lot of experience with asswipes who act like children in stores because they think they can round prices down when the price is $XX.02 and get all pissed off about having to break a dollar.

There's a reason most stores don't have a penny tray, it's because it is poor cash management and loss prevention policy to have money sitting out in a cashwrap area.

[ QUOTE ]
As long as they’re still around, you better play by the game

[/ QUOTE ]

As long as you want to exist in a society that uses pennies, you had better play by the game and instead of treating people like [censored] when you shop, take you douchebaggery elsewhere.