View Single Post
Old 07-22-2003, 02:29 PM

Default Re: he raises, I call...good poker?

I would think you are way behind. The K on the turn did not seem to scare him. Considering the most likely hand he puts you on is AK given the way you played the flop and turn, he seems to be screaming I can beat one pair.

I would probably fold to the 3 bet on the turn. I think he has a set, or hit the straight on the turn, in which case you are drawing thin to dead. Or he could have J9 for two pair, which gives you more outs and justifies a call of the turn 3 bet. But I still think I lead to folding because even if you make 2-pair, you can't raise the river so you are not making enough to call.

I think the better way to play this hand would have been to 3 bet him on the flop. The problem with waiting to raise on the turn is if he only has top pair, there are many overcards that are scare cards for him, so you might not get max value on the turn and lose max value when you are behind.

Again, since you posted it, he probably shows A [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] and you scoop so what the hell do I know.