Thread: Push?
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2004, 11:26 AM

Default Re: Push?

Hey hockey1,

I appriciate your thinking here, it's only that we see it differently. I'd rather raise them big with complete trash, than pushing against a min-raise from UTG (you say yourself they are tight-weak. mini-raising is, IMO, a clear tell of a strong hand by a weak-tight player) with 99, and no, I'm not reading that backwards from the results. You are at best 50-50 here, and as I see it, with weak-tight players, chances for a big pair are pretty good here.
That's my take here. As a big stack, I will attack all the time, but will not let small-stacks good doubling-up chances like you gave them here. Playing *too* loose as big stack, in situations where people show strength, can lead you to lose too much of your chips-advantage.

[ QUOTE ]
So, comments appreciated from anyone who doesn't auto-fold anything but AA to a minraise.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Moreover, I've got a pretty good hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

You kidding, right? Are you comparing 99 to AA? There are MANY hands in between, and you should play any hand according to the situation. If you don't understand this, you have a problem. 99, as much as you don't like it, is a VERY mediocre hand in NL.

PrayingMantis