Thread: Hand...
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2005, 02:14 AM

Default Re: Hand...

This is a very difficult situation without any read. I object to the preflop call at a datamining site such as Party Poker. You have no business playing a supermarginal hand in the total dark versus someone who may have thousands of hands of stats on you.

The turn suggests that Villain has no interest in getting you to fold. If he had nothing to show he would either bet or checkfold.

Why didn't he bet? Not because he was afraid you would call. He must fear either the fold or the raise:

1. Monsters fear folds: A9, 55, AA, K9, Q9. Villain reasons that the appearance of the ace probably kills his action on this arid flop. Versus an aggressive opponent he switches to induce/slowplay mode.

2. Turtles fear raises: pocket pairs and fives. Villain is scared of both the ace and the nines and calls down.

Checkraising the river is an obvious monster play and a ridiculous turtle play. Of course the hooks turtle just switched teams.

It took me a long time to analyze this, but now that I've thought this through I think you are almost always screwed and reraising is out of the question.