View Single Post
Old 12-30-2005, 11:54 AM

Default Re: Step inside to my session (5 2/4 hands)

The problem with your first hand is that without shared information about your images, you pretty much give away that you hit your flush draw on the turn by just calling his raise. What else could you have? Also, what's pushing on the river going to do unless he has a full house? Unless, of course, you want to use that push as part of your hand history to construct an image. But with this board, I don't know how much information an opponent is going to take from it.

I would have raised to 125 on the turn for the second hand. A raise of 75 is quite likely to get called; also, your opponent may think his raise to 30 is proper for a strong hand and will probably just call if he in fact has one. Even if he is unsure about his hand, he will probably call with small pair; of so, you'd better be prepared to bet out the pot on the river.

The third hand, why not just push from the get go if you're going to do it? It's not so much a rhetorical question, I'm just curious.

Given your opponent's calling pattern on hand four, this is just the way he plays a lot of ragged cards and/or he knows your image and thinks you are trying to pull the fast on one him again. The problem is that I can't help but to think that ass-clown may be calling you down with something like A6. Why else bet something nittish like $75 on the BB after check/calling all the way? He probably has AJ or QJ and, you're right, it's a block bet. How about a raise to $175 instead? For $100 more, it's just too tempting to fold. If he puts you all in, well, you were planning on putting your $$ anyway, so cheers.

Fifth hand, yuck. If your opponent is a nut peddler, than his call of $75 should ring out something like 99-QQ, at best for you he has AQc. Even if he is nitty, even a nit will force himself to call down a push from time to time. If anything, bet out the pot again. Or check raise and represent AJ on a push, assuming he won't be committed after his turn bet. I'd like to know the results of this last hand.