View Single Post
Old 12-23-2005, 07:35 PM

Default Please help me cleanse my computer (please i cant work!)

Recently my computer was afflicted with a trojan horse called SDBOT (originally thought it was MYTOB but I ran mytobfix from symantec plus several scans and only found sdbot). It resulted in my neteller passwords, etc being stolen and the story is here.

To fix the situation I ran scans using Norton's (which found nothing) and AVG's free software. I followed the directions foud on symantec's website to remove the virus (safe mode, scans, cleaning the registry [but nothing was found in the registry]).

I ran all the scans again (microsoft spyware, avg, nortons) and nothing was found by any of the programs.
Yesterday I was assuming (hoping) that everything was clear. However, today (ugh) I got a pop up from AVG warning me of a trojan.

Here is a screenshot of my event history log..

I would like to fix this as it is seriously inhibiting my ability to xfer my poker funds and is making me feel uncomfortable about using my computer.

Please note, I know very, very little about computers so you would have to walk me through this. I am seriously considering reformatting my harddrive but
1) i don't know how to
2) there is a ton of stuff (not a ton, but some) i dont want to lose and
3) i dont know how to back that stuff up, etc.

pleasepleasepleaseplease help!