Thread: Your call?
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2005, 06:44 PM

Default Re: Your call?

Two things.

Your post contains a lot of what seems to be unnecessary information. Clean it up to where the pertinent info is clear and you will probably get more responses.

For example, instead of the whole first paragraph, which has nothing to do with the problem, just say something like:

"Regular home game in my dorm room." The rest of the details given are irrevelant.

Try to include the stakes and # of players.

Also, break your story into smaller paragraghs. It is easier to read.

It sounds like you are acting like a douche by the way you nonchalantly throw your chips around and let them figure out how much you intended to bet.

Instead, announce your bet verbally without any physical action past the 'bet line', then put the appropriate number of chips out.

From what I decipher from your description you put a bunch of chips out past the bet line, then reached for more. That is a string bet. You said "I'll make it..." and then put a bunch of chips out there. It wasn't until you realized how big the pot was that you knew you needed to bet more.

Stop using that phrase. Just act deliberate and say 'raise'.

Had you said "$18" while you're still stacking chips on the felt, you are committed to betting $18 no matter how many chips you put out there. Once you just stacked a few chips out there, you were committed to that.

Later