View Single Post
Old 11-15-2005, 06:36 PM

Default Re: Early on Party Super Monday AQ hand

[ QUOTE ]
I like this advice a lot. In actuality i think i had 675 left and a 760 chip pot. So I felt a little more pot commited and with two people in they were probably drawing to a combined 8-12 outs so I wanted to protect.

I'm assuming i would be calling a button push or checkraising all in if UTG folds? Also just calling a river if it's checked around on the turn and I'm bet into when anything KJT8 falls on river?

[/ QUOTE ]

if 900 starting chips is right, you actually had 650 in a 760 pot. that does make pushing more appealing.

it's pretty unlikely they have that many outs. the board is Q939. if they have QJ and TT, it's 5. 35 and KQ, 5. the only way they're getting a lot of outs is if one has JT.

given that, i think i still like checking. also, i'm not so concerned with protecting a hand that may or may not be good.

i would call a button push (or c/r) if utg drops out. on a rag river, if it's checked around and utg bets a big amount, i fold. if he bets a small amount, i call. on a KJT8 river, i'll be a little bit more cautious. if it's checked to me on a rag, i bet 200 and fold to a push from CO but not from utg. if it's a KJT8, i check and call only a small bet from CO.