Thread: Am I a donkey?
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 12:45 PM

Default Re: Am I a donkey?

"Going all in with QQ is the same as going in with 27" in certain situations. What type of player is LP? If he's super tight, or even TAG, do you want to gamble with your QQ when you have chips in huge proportion to the blinds? What hands could he possibly have? AK, KK, AA, maybe AQ or JJ. Half of those hands don't seem like fun to me.

Even if you fold to his re-raise, you still have ~7000 to 200 BB. If you just call and get a bad feeling after the flop, you have even more chips to rebuild with. Plenty of time to re-build your stack, if you keep your cool in both scenarios.

Oh yeah, also, how have you been doing at this table? Winning small pots here and there? Think you can withstand a big fold, or do you need to gamble to stay in this?

You weren't a "donkey" here by any means. It happens. But, if you are in a great situation, do you really want to gamble with it on one hand? Or would you rather wait and outstrategize, pick on small stacks, get your money in there with better fold equity, etc. Being "committed" because you got re-raised or you have a good enough hand or this is an internet tourney is not a good enough reason to play QQ for all your chips. Still, you're not a donkey. This is a common error by many, many good players.