View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 09:09 AM

Default Re: Tom Brady wins SI Sportsman of the Year

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, I like how he wins a sports award, for (according to OP) being a really nice guy, unlike TO.

Who in the hell cares if he's a nice guy or not? That's really really swell and all, but it shouldn't matter. Until multimillion dollar business mergers are stopped when one side acts like "total meanies" to the other, a player's character shouldnt matter. It's a damn business.

End of rant.

[/ QUOTE ]

my OP said nothing about him winning b/c he was a nice guy. I said I'm not tired of hearing about good guys succeed.

but to address your point: a players character shouldn't matter? LOL. if you don't think that it's critical to team success that everyone is on the same page, and working to accomplish the same goal, you're crazy. character, in this case, is putting team goals above yours. something Brady has down. something guys like TO don't.

or check out this qoute from Willis McGahee, after their choke this week against the Dolphins:

"I'm over 1,000 yards. That's my highlight of the day. It's out of my hands. If I called the plays, I'd have 60 carries."

yeah, character doesn't matter