View Single Post
Old 12-31-2005, 01:58 AM

Default Wussing out with QQ

Keeping up with my theme of making sure I post my worst hands, here's yet another one I don't like. I think I'm tilting on the passive side tonight as my W$SD for for today is about 35% and I've lost a fair bit by getting better hands to call down.

Table's a mix of fish and semi-LAGs, but this guy is new; posted in UTG+2 this orbit so he can't be great.

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, Hero calls.

River: (9.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

I don't see a lot of checkraises with weak top pairs, so it smelled of a stupid checkraise with a draw or 2 pair+. If he was on a draw then he just made all of them with that river, and his check smelled strongly of a checkraise. I'm pretty damn sure I should have at least 3-bet the flop and I feel like a moron for not doing so, so go ahead and point and laugh kids and I'll post a really embarassing hand in a couple hours [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] That said, are we betting this river?