Thread: A Pm I received
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2005, 04:32 AM

Default Re: A Pm I received

This gets back to how what each moderator does in his or her own forum affects the rest of us. We have a situation tonight in MTT where I've suspended a poster for continued insults toward two members AFTER being warned not to do so. No big deal. Seems reasonable. But because of all the issues in OOT and WPT (primarily) we're all being accused of over-moderation and being on power trips.

In MTT, there has been one person banned (twolf) and one other suspended for a day (insults AFTER a warning). There have been a handful of edits of inflammatory posts and the usual spam issues. But that's it. Yet we're now getting the same complaints that have appeared in the WPT and OOT forums.

I understand that there are just some people who think they should be able to do and say anything that pleases them. But when taking action we do have to consider that it might trickle down to other forums. And that then creates a problem for the rest of us. If a post needed to be edited or deleted, fine. If a member needs to be suspended or banned, fine. But consider how that decision and any comments you or somebody else makes about it affects 2+2 and the rest of the forums.