View Single Post
Old 12-30-2005, 01:47 PM

Default Re: $400 - SB flopped 2 pair

[ QUOTE ]
Is the flop rainbow? What exactly was the turn? In this situation, there are few bricks as almost everything could conceivably help someone in a limped pot.

[ QUOTE ]
How do you play this from the flop onwards with the intention of getting villains stack in the middle? (with the assumption he probably has a worse 2-pair).

[/ QUOTE ]
This question is too constricting. If you can really narrow his hand range down to A4, A3, and 43, of course the river play is to fold but I don't think you can be this certain (or if you can, you probably have a better read than just "over aggro post-flop"). Its a rarity for me to be looking to get in 150BB with a weak top two in a limped pot in the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]

Flop is rainbow, turn was a J I think. His range is str8, 2pair but I think does include other stuff like 56, A2, A5 23, 24, etc., though I think the non-made hands are much more likely to call than raise the flop, though I don't have a strong enough read to be sure. The reason I looking to get it in on safe turn / river is that the str8 is the only hand I really fear (until the river) and I think if I play it well he will stack of with worse 2-pairs.

My plan probably wasn't the best way of doing this as a river CR would look very strong & he would have enough left to lay it down. Other lines I thought of afterwards was to make it about 120 on the flop & then bet 2/3 or so on the turn. If he calls that he's calling the river. Alternatively calling his flop raise & leading for 75 on the turn will get him to raise if he has 2-pair & it should be easier to get it in then.

Any other ideas?