View Single Post
Old 11-01-2005, 11:56 AM

Default Re: Paradise VS Absolute, bonus clearning questions

Absolute can be that way. Last night I was trying to top up my unmentionable to reach a higher return when I ran into a lucky idiot at a 6-max $2/$4 table who had a VP$IP of 95% and was winning 50% of the flops he saw. Trust me, there was little logic to his game, other than take it to the river and toss 'em if he hadn't matched. 52o was as good as AA with this guy. After slamming against him for 1.5 hours and losing 25 BB, I had to put the kids to bed. Got back on at 11:30 PM ET and within the half hour before midnight, not only had I recovered the 25 BB, I was up another 25BB and wound up a total of 50 BB ahead for the whole night by 12:30 AM ET. No real difference in my play, just the cards were hitting me, not some idiot with 52o. Ah, variance!

I'm trying to get some number together this morning for October, but I pretty much know that Absolute is not the easiest place to play, but it's defintely worthwhile if you add together game quality, bonii, and unmentionable. It's tough to complain about 2.94 BB/100 before extras. There are worse games.