View Single Post
Old 11-30-2005, 07:52 AM

Default Re: Nominations for Best \"Rock\" Album of 2005

[ QUOTE ]
This is a bad idea because these aren't 2005 albums, but here are some harder and louder acts you probably haven't heard of.

The Blood Brothers - F*cking's Greatest Hits
It's not "rock and roll", it's acid punk so his voice is punky.

Drive Like Jehu - Here Come the Rome Plows
Awesome rock and roll. Loud, but they know what they're doing.

Dredg - Symbol Song
Give it a couple of seconds. It starts quiet but this song is absolutely awesome. I hope this qualifies as rock.

Let me know, because there's plenty more where that came from. And I've listened to and liked every hipster album in this thread. Tastes are diverse, but you'll probably catch me out on some detail in this music like it not being well-known. Whatever, it's late and I'm grouchy, listen to it, write if you like it or if you don't.

[/ QUOTE ]
Blood Brothers-I liked the music. It rocked, the performance was great. The voices aren't actually that big of a detraction, to me.

Drive Like Jehu-I was less impressed with this one. I mean it wasn't bad but it didn't seem very creative. Just bleh on this one.

Dredg-What can I say, this was great. Great melody, rhythm, tight band. Their name, however, sucks. Pretty sure I heard their name dropped somewhere and immediately thought they were some [censored] NU metal band.

Thanks Dude! Yer lookin out for me.

Can you subscribe me to the harder rocking version of the generic indie newsletter you guys all get?