View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 07:09 PM

Default Re: Foxwoods $100 MTT - going broke in level 1 w/ TPTK

He makes an out-of-line UTG+1 raise with a trouble hand and lucks out on the flop. Fine. He celebrates by checking it, to let you catch up. When the 9 comes on the turn he fears KT and any 2 clubs or 2 spade holding.

So he overbets 400 into 300 (discounting possible but unlikely KT) to create incorrect price to call with any draw. He's telling you what he has. Then he backs it up allin against your raised flush-draw or str8-draw... or maybe TPTK ... he hopes. He's a loose player and ready to gamble. We know that from his preflop raise.

Its seems correct to read him for 2 pair or trips given the turn bet and the action up to that point. The preflop raise must also be considered. You can't know it is out of line.

Given all that evidence, can you call?

[ QUOTE ]
When I checked I wanted him to bet the turn and I felt that I would be able to better determine what he had by his turn bet. If he bet large he would prolly be attacking the weakness I showed & try to take the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

In other words, he would be stealing if he made an overbet.

You wanted to play your TPTK AQo and it sounds like you projected on him plausible turn-bet motives that suited your intention and purpose. You created and got what you wanted and therefore expected-- a reason to play on.