View Single Post
Old 09-15-2005, 09:27 AM

Default Re: Week 12 and week 13 are over

Yeah, the obsession with push-ups maybe went a little too far anyway. There are many other things you can do; the important thing is that you commit to doing something that's hard.

I got a new adjustable kettlebell myself, that goes up to 70 lbs(two kilos), and am changing my work-out for a while to play with it in different style squats and presses, and am also doing bent-over rows with it. I really love the thing. I cycle in and out of concentrating on squats and on deadlifts, and now I'm doing more deadlifts for a while.

I'm sure my ability to do push-ups will go down for a bit, but overall I'm hitting some new angles and it should help the push-up total too, eventually. Laying off the deadlifts for a while to concentrate on pistols, my body rebuilt itself and now I can fairly easily deadlift the two 200 lb. stretchbands that were extremely hard for me when I was hot and heavy into deadlifting.

Change every so often is good.

Keep it up Stuey! Don't make it push-ups or nothing. Make it always something, and it doesn't have to be push-ups. The important thing is to have a tough goal and not stop working toward it, not keep the same goal forever. There's nothing inherently more righteous about push-ups than anything else. It's having the balls to keep working at hard physical goals that's righteous. If you get sick of push-ups, keep plugging, just do it on something else.