View Single Post
Old 05-12-2003, 02:59 PM

Default Re: Flirting with disaster or good play?

Preflop. I hate the open limp with a real hand on the cutoff. At least you thought about it, and have a reason behind your play. Still I wouldn't do it.

Flop. You made a bet here, I don't see any other play as being reasonable.

Turn. With a pair, and a one card outside straight, I don't see why you are checking. I would bet again. I don't think that if it comes back to you bet and raised, that you have a fold here either. I would call in that case. I don't see what can be gained here by checking, a lot of microlimit players are going to see the turn, if they see the flop, and this is your first real chance to win this pot, you improved so that you now have something to showdown, and you decide that you are going to risk a free card instead. After checking, the checkraise has me baffled also, do you think that he would now bet with no values whatsoever, and is going to lay down his hand. Your betting sequence is unusual enough that he will now call you down just to find out what you have.

River, the spades got there, the straight got there, and you have two pair. I think that the bet is a good idea, if you can fold to a raise, because all of the hands that you beat are not going to bet the river here, and a lot of those hands will call especially at this limit.

I think preflop, and on the turn you were flirting with disaster, I think the flop, and the river you played well.