Thread: Out of Position
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 09:33 AM

Default Out of Position

Hello,

I have only played Poker for about a year or two, but seem to do ok on the limits I play at (0.50 / 1.00).

However, I seem to struggle with the following scenario, and would like some advice from the experts please.

AK out of position

I have say AK, so I raise it PF.
At these limits I'll usually get a few callers.
The flop comes down say T72r.
Automatically I will bet out as I figure it's expected given I'm the PF raiser. Also, it may get some people out of the pot.
The turn the comes another blank.

This is where I don't really know what to do.

1) I used to bet out automatically, thinking that if I get raised, I'm out of the pot. Also thinking that a lot of people will call a bet UI on the cheap street, but not on the more expensive one.
However, more often than not they will call another bet regardless, so I don't really know where I am.

Usually it'll get the river, and I'll check, they'll bet and I'll call. They then show me bottom / middle pair.

2) Sometimes I'll check the turn UI to them, but more often than not, one ofthem will bet out.
Now I don't know if they have bet becuase they have position, or because they have hit something.
Should I call the bet, or fold ?
Obviously it seems a bit weak that I should fold to every bet like this, especially as I've handed them the initiative.
Also, I know the pot will make a difference in making the decision, but let's assume the pots are the average of $4-5.

Thanks.

J.