View Single Post
Old 12-24-2005, 01:09 AM

Default moving up too quickly

Hi guys,

I've played at the 25NL since about october (10NL before that from a $75 deposit in september), maybe 9000 hands of 6max and another 12000 of full ring (I play only 6m now). Through whoring I got my roll up over a thousand, which is 20 buyins for the fifties so I moved up immediately after thanksgiving. Now it's christmas break and I've been playing for about 4 hours a day, and my roll is doubled again to $2000ish, so I'm moving up to the 100s (somewhat nerviously but fortunately I'm running well and have stacked a few donks at the 100s tonight). However, I've played less than 5000 hands at the 50s.

I'm posting because I am nervous that I am moving up far too quickly, just running into some good hands (and making the reads to go with them). Is this somewhat normal? Should I drop down to the 50s for another 10K hands or so? How long do you stay at one level before moving up? I can take the variance, I understand when to move back down; if I drop below 20 100NL buyins I'll probably drop to the 50s for a few thousand hands to build more confidence. Regardless, is moving up this quickly bad?

Thanks,
Dustin