View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 11:25 AM

Default Re: I\'m about to give up here...

Ah, constructive criticism, that's great.

The reason I posted 2 hands is that they share the same theme - big hand on a broadway flop OOP in a raised pot. Obviously we are not looking for folding here. Sure, playing this as fast as possible might be default line here. What I was asking is if there is really any alternative lines, because flops like this could hit a lot of hands and I feel like I am letting them go too easy. Stack sizes make it pretty awkward to push, since it would be overbet big enough to drive pretty much every hand that is behind out of the pot. On the other hand, pot is getting big enough to make it really hard to get away from it, if the board becomes even uglier. So, on one hand, hands that are behind are folding on 4-straight board, on the other it's hard to not lose more money if opponent was indeed on a draw. Also, isn't reraising flops like this all in is somewhat transparent for an opponent? What other hands would play it like that? What hands will call us here? In other words, I'm struggling with a thought that this default line is making it too easy for opponent to make a correct play, but I can't find anything better...

Maybe the alternative is to raise enough to kill implied odds for draws with intention of getting all in no matter what comes on later streets. Or maybe I'm overthinking this and 200 bb stack is not really different from 100 bb stack here.

I don't really mind getting it all in on the flop in 2nd hand, since there is flush draw on the flop nad it is short-handed. In the 1st hand, however, I don't believe I am getting called by anything I'm beating, except TT, at least in 9 handed game, unless opponent is super-donk or we have some wild history against each other.

Btw, this was online. Too bad I failed to mention it, but in general all hands posted here are online, if it is live, poster usually specifically states so. The site is not converter friendly, and I posted hands by memory. It's been a while since I played them, so I didn't remember the suits, so sorry about that. I think in live games hands like this are easier to play, because one should be able to have a better idea about where is opponent at on later streets.

Anyways, thanks for the replies, guys.