View Single Post
Old 12-04-2005, 04:49 PM

Default Re: 200/400 bellagio vs liz lieu

I don't like any part of it. The times I'll raise a small pair like this UTG, is when I feel I'm getting too much respect, the game is particularily (weak) tight, or I've been playing really tight for some reason (preferrably some combination of all three). But you said you've played a decent amount of pots, so I don't get your pre-flop play.

I'm also not thrilled with your post-flop line. You're check/calling, why? To induce bets from a worse hand? I think you should either play your 4's for the best hand, or give up contesting this pot on the turn when the 3rd heart hits. Had a rag fell, I might like c/r'ng the turn, but you're too likely to be called by a single heart now and this makes for a harder read. You're in bad shape. 4th pair, both black, and out of position. For cryin' out loud, LAY ONE DOWN, man....

I'll be interested to hear your thoughts on the river. You bet, why? For value? To get a better hand to fold? The 2nd jack makes her MORE likely to call, not less. After being raised on the river, I don't think it matters much what you do. Fold, call, or re-raise. This hand is like a flower in a hurricane. Who knows where you're at? You've been guessing all the way up until this point, so just make one more guess and hope you're next hand is either legit or complete trash so that it will be easier to play.