View Single Post
Old 10-20-2005, 04:47 PM

Default Re: JJ on river A vs two passives. Anyone value bet here?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I know both of my opponents are passive, so if I get raised, it's an easy fold,

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this is necessarily true. I've seen plenty of weird river bets and raises and this pot is big enough that it would be sinful to laydown the best hand. I don't think calling a raise is spewing here. The passive fishies can be unpredictable. A lot of times they are more likely to just call if they hit their Ace since they a) don't like their kicker, b) are afraid of the flush, c) some other random reason.

While there is usually value in the bet, against multiple opponents there is also value in checking and calling to snap off a bluff.

I will bet this river a lot, but I am usually calling a raise. I will check/call a fair percentage of the time.

I am never laying this down in a 10BB pot for a single bet on the end in the game you describe.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would without a doubt fold to a raise. Just based on how the hand was played out, these opponents are not maniacs, and I don't think 10-1 is even close to the odds you would need to call a raise here. I've seen people bluff in this type of situation almost never, especially in a 3 handed pot. Also he cant check/call because he is closing the action.

BTW were you at Wizards on Tuesday? I was seat 5 playing from about 5pm-9pm.