View Single Post
Old 09-24-2005, 02:30 AM

Default Re: results

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't really put people on ranges, or at least if I do, its all subconsious. My range for him is that probably he can't beat JJ, but sometimes he can. However not enough so that you shouldn't move allin.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm guessing this gets back to your previous main focus of multi-tabling SNGs. While you can't always take the time to put your opponent on a range of hands, when the decision is for all your chips you better take the time. Not doing so will severely impact your ability to consistently do well in MTTs - IMHO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think so at all. Once you are experienced you can put people on ranges subconsciously. I don't have to sit here and try to figure out every possible hand this guy could have. I've been in this spot many times before and am experienced enough to handle it.

Also I don't think you realize just how elementary it is to play 4 MTTs at once, compared to what I'm used to playing. I doubt if it would affect my results in the slightest. Once I play upwards of 6, then there might be some impact.

Let's put it this way, I know for sure that after I put this guy on a "range", I would move allin. I don't have to waste my time and actually figure out every possible hand this player might have. Also it's not easy to put the morons that we play against every day on a range. It's not as though you can expect them to be rational most of the time.