View Single Post
Old 09-23-2005, 04:49 PM

Default Hijack

I took a look at that sheet, and my head exploded.

But in all seriousness, I do believe their way of thinking on that hand is not optimal... however, this whole discussion did bring up an interesting topic that I hasn't really been discussed at length here, which is how you should adjust your "range of hands weighting" based on the action of your opponent.

Mendacious just posted in another thread that he believes humans naturally overestimate the % of times they're crushed by their opponent, whereas a computer that does not take into account the implications of a big bet or raise from the opponent will "get" the % closer to correct. The computer's approach is obviously not optimal, but do others agree that the computer's approach is more optimal than the average, overly-scared human's?

In my mind, the business of assigning weights and breadth to this range of hands is probably what differentiates the good from the best of winning players. Unfortunately, it's probably a mainly intuitive, experiential skill. But I hope someone can prove me wrong and come up with a nice system.