View Single Post
Old 11-09-2005, 06:10 PM

Default check/call, lead turn line

I'm just curious. How often do y'all use this line? And more importantly, in what situations?

I was reading through an old MTT post that discussed this line. I'm sure it's more common to see/use it over there, cuz the stacks are sometimes deeper. But does anyone use it in a SnG?

To be honest, it doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I suppose if you flop a monster and villain has an overpair, he might raise the turn on this line but fold the turn if you c/c, c/r the turn. But if I put myself in villain's shoes, I don't think I'd raise a turn with only TPTK or an overpair vs. such a show of strength.

If you whiffed and you suspect villain did, why not c/r the flop? If you c/c, lead turn you're giving him a free card?

And I can't see how you'd use this on a draw. If you c/c, he could check the turn behind, giving you your free card. If you lead the turn, you risk getting raised out.

In the original post, there was a lot of talk about controlling pot size. And the example someone (not OP) brought up was calling a pfr w/AJ from the BB.

I should add that the one time I saw this was in a Trout Atlantic game. I was totally befuddled, but ended up correctly laying down my overpair to a set on his river bet.

Thanks a bunch for responses.